Hey,
Tiffany, yeah i got to watch the conference yesterday. It was in spanish and i didnt understand a whole lot lol. Yeah i will fill up the voice recorder thing sounds awesome!
Steph, i emailed the lady and she is sending the check to your place.
Diahreah, I had it bad! This past monday and tuesday i couldnt leave the casa because i had waterfall butt. I have never been through anything like that in my life. I went through two double size rolls of toilet paper in these two days just myself...... Apparently this is going to happen alot, is what the other missionaries tell me, lol. So this makes peptobismol one of my new favorite things! So, after tuesday the intensity of my diareah decreased and its like becoming a normal thing.
So this week we had another baptism! woot!!! it was of the familia suazo. The dad was baptized like six weeks earlier and his wife and two kids were baptized on saturday and confirmed on sunday. Holy smokes it was such an awesome experience. These people are going to be very strong members in the church. Im so happy for them. I attached a picture of this. The dad of this family is just so faithful, i wouldnt be surprised if he is called to serve as the next branch president or something.
So here in honduras, people eat a lot of fruit. And the members always give us fruit, like mangos and stuff like that. But the other day this family gave me and my companion this giant green thing. It was called pastillo or something like that, im not too sure. And you eat this particular fruit with a bunch of salt... It was awfullll, i dont even know how to describe it. I didnt want the family to feel bad so i ate all of it. Its not easy being a missionary Hahahaha
This week i bought a honduran soccer jersey and the guy who sold it to me is less active and he put my name on the back for extra cheap. Its pretty cool. Its a fake jersey but thats cool cuz i can get it dirty and what not and not feel bad!
Today i got my haircut from another less active member of the church.. And it only cost 35 lempiras. Thats less than two dollars!!! I couldnt believe it.
Spiritual experience. SO this week i read a bunch of the book of mormon while i was on the toilet. And im not too sure where but there if a verse and it says that you should pray before you do anything, that the father might consecrate your actions for your own benifit. I read this and realized that for a lot of the time i have been out on the mission i have been doing what i think is good and what i think is right.... I continued to read until i got to Jacob 7 and there is a verse there that says and thy will be done, o lord, and not mine. So if i want to be changed by my mission i need to surrender. I need to give up my will and aquire the lords... And if i do this i know i will have success, i know i will teach with power, and i know i will be guided to those who are prepared to recieve our message. SO something that i started to do is pray continually through out the day. I try to stay in a conversation with my heavenly father... And i have been able to feel the spirit so much more because of this.
This is all the time i have for today.
Love you guys, Elder Brown.

No comments:
Post a Comment