Monday, August 5, 2013

ESTA SEMANA ...

Another week in Marcala. El dia 21 tenemos cambios y pienso que voy a entrenar un nuevo missionero aqui.  Translation:  On the 21st we have transfer and I think I am going to train a new missionary here in Marcala. The translation of this sentence is.  On the 21st we have tranfers and I think I will be training a new missionary here (in Marcal

I cant send any pics this week. Sorry. Got stuck with a bad computer.

I have really had to develople more patience with people. We have some families that are very positive. Super excited to see them grow and progress.
Spanish is coming along. A lot better from the day i arrived. And right now i dont need anything. I bought a bunch of cool stuff last p day i want to bring back to the states. Like a honduran toy called trompa, a cool looking plate im gonna put in my future kitchen, and some keychains and nicknacks.
1 – Do you have air conditioning anywhere?  The church?  Other people’s houses?
NO AIRCONDITIONING. Im sweaty and stinky like always. Theres air conditioning in the branch presidents office and thats the only one i know of. Other people dont have AC. only ventiladoras (fans).
2 – Do the members feed you every day?
No. We get fed by the members lunch on thursday and saturday. And i would prefer not to eat with the members cuz sometimes i get super bad diahreah. The food we cook in the house is like safe. lol
3 – Do most people live in houses or apartments?  What are the houses like?
OK, so think of our apartment before you got married. Most houses here in marcala are the size of old living room and kitchen put together. Theyre just big squares. Most houses are concrete, but there are a bunch made of adobe. But if you got money you can get a nicer house. 
 
Well, this week we had two zone confrences. One with presidente and one without. And the thing i learned the mose was this.

Presidente said that we should never feel comfortable in the mission and after in school and in work, in our callings. We should always be striving for more. More experience, more knowlegde, more success. We should set goals and achieve them. When we set goals and dont achieve them, that means we got comfortable. Before the mission i was really good at getting comfortable.

Sorry, didnt have much time to write this week. I was fighting with this ancienct computer.

Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment