Monday, November 4, 2013

Hola Todos!

Hey Everybody!

This past week was most excellent. My companion and I have been working like dogs here in Marcala and we are beginning to see the fruits of our efforts. There are 6 missionaries in Marcala. That’s 6 missionaries in a town that you can walk across in 20 minutes. There is just so much to do. Here in Marcala the branch has changed completely since the day I got here and today, members are accepting and trying to magnify their callings. The attendance on Sundays has slowly climbed. And with what I can see, this branch has a bright future. 

But with all that said, I’m ready to serve in a ward or in a stake; because I’m tired. We organize activities, show up early to clean the church, we give a lot of advice to the branch president.  I’m pretty much the Elders Quorum president with out the calling LOL! And just so much more.... I’m ready for a break.

I think I’m only going to be in Marcala until the 13th and have been reflecting on what I have done and how I can improve.

Marcala is a place that’s a huge clash of new and old. Here there are people who live in the mountain that still believe in witch craft. While more closer to central park its like I’m in the states. This place is just so diverse it’s crazy. You can walk down the street and just see what the people wear. It’s pretty normal in pueblo life for the women to wear long skirts and a shirt, but the younger generation dress like we do in the states; in name brand jeans and t shirts.

Marcela will be a very special place for me for the rest of my life. Its here that I learned Spanish, here that I learned how to be a missionary, and here that I came closer the Lord. I’ve struggled, I’ve smiled; and I’ve laughed a lot. 

I hope that here I found all of the people the Lord prepared for me, and I did all that he wanted me to do.

Love and miss you guys

Elder Brown






El Chiflador Waterfall

 

No comments:

Post a Comment