This week was probalby one of the best I've had in the misison. I learned so, so so, much.
We had a meeting this week with all of the leaders from the mission and a Seventy came and talked to us. I really enjoyed his talk. The thing I learned the most was about discipline.
He said that humility is diligence in obeying the commandments of God. And I've never heard humility explained like that. He talked a lot about the influence the leaders have on the mission and he said that every leader needs to have the 13 articles of faith memorized.... When I was in the primary I had the songs memorized but i forgot them all. haha.
He walked by every Elder that attended the meeting and made us stand up and say the articles of faith, and i couldnt... But after this experience, I have put the goal to practice memorizing scriptures 15 mins everyday. Already got 1 Nefi 3:7 and 1 Nefi 19:23 memorized..... IN SPANISH. hahhaa
So with some of that Christmas money I bought some scripture cases that are awesome! They're like 80 bucks but this guy makes them by hand. They're leather and he will put whatever you want on em. Mine should be ready next Monday. I will send pics.
Thanks for all of the love and support. Miss you guys!
Elder Brown
Wise Words from President Fortuna Cabrera:
"Faith is more than thinking that something is true or certain. It is this certainty that leads us to act. Often resistance to change, to new assignments, new opportunities are boulders that can hinder the growth of our roots in the Gospel, inhibiting them from becoming deep or strong. We must press forward with faith in Jesus Christ."
![]() |
| This week we put in a SHOWER in our house! No more bucket showers! I'm talking HOT WATER that falls down right on top of your head. Putting that in wasn't cheap; but worth every single centavo. =) |
![]() |
| Theres this lady that makes scarfs of the Honduran flag, so I asked her to make me a tie |
![]() |
| A family that we're teaching had quite the coffee problem. They said they wanted to change and made the commitment to stop drinking cafe. They pretty much filled up my backpack with all of the stuff! |



No comments:
Post a Comment