Tuesday, February 3, 2015

An Incredible Week!

Hi  Everyone!

This last week I had the opportunity to receive instruction from Elder Alonso from the Seventy. It was absolutely incredible. He came and spoke to the mission for three days and had a special meeting with the leaders of the mission.

I feel so renewed and so great. I know without a doubt that the leaders of the church are inspired and receive so much inspiration. 
 
He spoke to us a lot about Luke 8, about how we can grab and be healed by touching Jesus' garment. 

We sat down to eat lunch and he came and sat at our table and i had the opportunity to talk with a general authority. It was so awesome!

He is from Mexico, he is a doctor, and an incredible example for me of what I want to become. 

I asked him what is the most important thing for a missionary to do when he returns to his house. He responded to me 3 things.

1. Daily meaningful scripture study

2. Prayer

3. Deep study of the atonement.

He continued and said that a missionary when he gets home isn't supposed to let loose, grow a beard and just hang out. He needs to keep working and not leave behind those habits that he has had during the mission.

It was such a great week. I learned SO much.

Love you all, 

Elder Brown

 

No comments:

Post a Comment