Monday, March 23, 2015

Going Down Swinging

Well, this is the last week of my mission and me and my comp have been working like crazy. This weekend in our Zone we are going to baptize 17 people in a Noche Blanca. The temple is in our zone, so makes it easy. It's been crazy getting everything ready for this month, but the Lord definitely blessed us with success. This month our zone is going to end with at least 28 baptisms, one of the highest numbers a zone has reached in my mission.

I had my last interview with my mission president and he helped me get my priorities straight for when I get home. I learned that its important to study and important to work, but if I don't get sealed to my wife, I won't be able to live in the Celestial Kingdom. He told me I got to find my wife and start my family as soon as possible... That's the priority.

Truth is that I really have mixed feelings about going home. I'm ready to start studying, working and stuff like that, but I am really going to miss Honduras. This place is so awesome. I'm going to miss it soooo much.

Through the people I got to know and teach, I've learned and progressed so much. I'm going to miss my converts.

This Saturday me and my comp are going to baptize two people. Both baptisms are references from the ward.  Its been awesome working with members. Just makes the process soooo much smoother.

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true Church on the earth. I know that Christ is at its head and directs it all through revelation. I know that through the Spirit we can feel and receive answers to our prayers. I know that the Lord never abandons his children. The book of Mormon is scripture and the key to it all.

With Love,

Elder Brown
 
Baptism of the Rodriguez family.
These guys are awesome. I love them alot.
They started listening to the missionaries like 6 months ago,
but never could get baptized because the dad of the family (Josman) had problems with his birth certificate.
We got em all fixed and they got married and baptized last Saturday.
Her name is Nely, the girl is Angi, and the littlest is Miley.
Probably one of the most spiritual experiences of my mission was their baptism.


My area ... La Guasalona

More of La Guasalona (Tegucigalpa)

The Tegucigalpa Temple

Preparing for our Car Wash

Being Crafty

The Baptism of Cesar.  Cesar is an older guy.
He almost got baptized like 6 months ago with the other missionaries,
 but he smoked the day before his confirmation and never got confirmed.
We baptized him and got him confirmed :)

Photos of the wedding in Ojojona (my old area)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment