IM A FREAKIN MISSIONARY!
12:54 PM (5 minutes ago)
|
|||
WEEK ONE DOWN!!! 5 more until i get
to the field.
So, this past week went by super
fast, I feel like i just got here yesterday. I love being a missionary. I cant
remember the last time i was this happy. I love everything about it. BUTTT
probably the thing i enjoy most now, is talking with the lation elders. They
are so funny!!! they share a lot of the entertainment that we have in the
states. They know who justin bieber is, and they know about hippies and stuff
like that. They help us learn spanish, and they LOVE learning english. Lots of
fun!
Sooo ummmm. The food here at the CCM
Guatemala is pretty amazing. Its not like the provo mtc food, its more native.
Like food from central america. Lots of guacamole and beans and stuff like
that. But, by far the best thing is the fruit. ITS SOOOO GOOD!!! Im definately
going to be gaining a few pounds in these upcoming 5 weeks. haha
Tuesdays are my p-day. I will be
emailing on weds from 11am to noon.
On my like third day here i was
called to serve as district leader. I totatlly thought i was just going to
breeze right through the MTC without very many worries or stresses. I was
wrong! The thing that worries me the most is not the language or my limited
scriptural knowledge, its my district. I am trying to be the best leader and
example that i can. Im here to work and to serve the lord. A mission is a two
year sprint not a two year marathon. We are to hit it hard everyday, and not
give up until we lay our heads to sleep at night. I feel like my district hasnt
really sprinted that much. I feel like we walk and jog alot and im kinda
stumped on how to get them into gear. I went to the temple and prayed about
this issue and i felt like i should lead kinda like christ did. I want to
infrom the district of the rules and expectations, and give them thier agency
to follow. But, if theres anything else you guys want to suggest let me know!
On like my second day as district
leader one of the missionaries in my district informed me he was going home...
His name was Elder Lambert. He went home due to a belated confession just like
i did. I got to share with him some of my personal experiences with the
atonement and i shared with him many of the things i learned in my time home.
More than anything i emphazied "dont give up". Because coming home
from a mission and facing the music is absolutely the hardest thing i have ever
done in my life. Elder lambert is going home to disinfect his spiritual wounds
and its going to sting ALOT! But it will be worth it, as long as he doesnt give
up. Motivation is a great start, but habits will get you where you want to go.
Kinda of an emotional rollercoaster to see him go.
My companions is from Midland Texas.
Hes a 18 year old and overall a pretty good companion. So far we have gotten
along pretty well, no contention or any of that... But he is struggling a lot
right now. He shared with me that he doesnt think that God is there... sooo
yeah. He was really afraid to admit this to me. He thought i would flip out and
stuff like that. I reassured him that i love him to matter what his beliefs
are. I shared a little about me and my background and my testimony. But im
still not too sure what to think of this matter right now. I mean, if he goes
home he will have an opportunity to gain a testimony by himself and come back
even more ready and prepared.... But then i think of how the lord loves to take
raw material and refine it. Didnt He make fishermen into apostles?..... Sooo
yeah. I guess when it rains, it pours.
Amor y Paz

No comments:
Post a Comment