Hey everybody! April
29, 2013
Spanish and it doesn’t let me press enter, so this might be a pretty
jumbled email hahaha! Dad, those are the only passwords that I use, so
I guess we are fish out of water. Maybe capitalize the first letter?
Brian, thank you SO much for that email. I miss group soooo much. Its
kinda funny cuz as district leader, I have to lead a district meeting
once a week. And I do ´popcorn´ like elder blaire and let people share
things as they feel prompted. And if they don’t want to talk, we just
sit in silence and feel the spirit. Its WAY cool hahaha! Thanks
everyone else for your thoughts and notes and prayers. I don’t have
time to respond to everyone so in just going to be writing one huge
email. Family, one thing I am going to need pretty soon is another
journal. I think I got about three more weeks of paper to write on,
but I would really like another so I don’t have to go without writing
down my thoughts and day’s events. They don’t sell journals here at the
distribution center. This past week was MUCH better than last week. I
was pretty stressed out about EVERYTHING, but not so much anymore. I’m
think I'm getting used to all of the changes and what not. Spanish is
coming along, but I have forgotten so much. But sometimes its kinda
cool, cuz we practice teaching people and I use words that I have
learned I memorized in high school! My district is behaving better than
they were. Not a dramatic improvement, but we have made some progress.
I’ve been asking them to commit to not speaking any English from lunch
until dinner, or from breakfast until lunch, and that’s been very
helpful. My companion told me he felt the spirit during sacrament
meeting this week, which was SUPER good news to hear. One of the
districts that are leaving this week sang Come Thou Fount of Every
Blessing and it was powerful!! I wish that song was in the hymn book.
One lyric he really likes was like ´Prone to wander from the god I
love, take my heart take and seal it´ Today I read John 15, and it was
most excellent. I would invite all of you to read it. It’s about how
Christ is the vine, and we are the branches..... Soooo yeah, I guess I
should tell you guys what the CCM is like. It only houses like 150
missionaries so it’s WAYYYY smaller than the Provo MTC. It’s a humble
place. Almost all of the classrooms have those pull away walls that
they have in the cultural halls. We study on 6 feet plastic foldable
tables. The rooms in which we sleep house 6 missionaries each. I room
with my companion, and a trio of Latinos. The CCM is three stories
tall. The first floor is has the cafeteria and classrooms, and offices
for people who work here. Second floor is housing. Third floor has
housing for hermanas and temple missionaries, and there are a few
classrooms and the computer room. Yeah. Not much new, I kinda feel
like I’ve done all of this once before hahaha!
No comments:
Post a Comment