Thursday, May 23, 2013

Last Week in the CCM!!


Hey everyone! Thanks for your most excellent emails! I appreciate all of the stories and what not from back home, they make me smile!
 
Let me begin this email by letting you guys know that the keyboard im writing on is kinda ghetto. The space bar is like partially functioning, so i have to like punch it so it will work. Everyone can hear me press the spacebar... Kinda awkward for me :(

This is the last time i will be writing you from Guatemala... Cuz in exactly one week from today i will be HONDURAS! WOOOOOT!!! And I hear that most mission presidents let you write home after the plane ride, so we will see what happens. But if you have to wait an extra week to tune in, know that i love you guys!

Christian, I hope your studying preach my gospel like every day. There is so much in there that im learning for the first time here in the CCM. Do all of the activity boxes, cuz they will make you think, and they will help your testimony grow.

Tiffany, HOLY SMOKES!!!! I dont like it when my step-mom nearly dies on my step-bros prom night. NOT COOL. Hahaha, jk. But for real, im glad your well and things are better. I will be praying for you guys... Y los epi-pens son bastante facil para usar, so you will be fine :) And in response to your email i got like 150 bucks cash. And my temporary debit card doesnt work. I guess we should wait to cancel the card until after i get to Honduras... Cuz i would hate to finally recieve it, and then cant use it lol.

Dean, That was a great email. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me. I pray every morning and night to seek to find opportunities to serve and help others. I pray that i will also have the vision to see those opportunites and i pray that the spirit will be with me so i will know what to say.

Soooo, this week has been another good one. This is the last week we have here in the CCM, and me and my companion have decided that we are going to make it our most productive. He is very well versed in the scriptures, and im not, so we have compiled a list of good scriptures to know as a missionary. Im in the process of committing them to memory. But on the contrary, i feel like my district has pretty much decided that they arent going to work very hard this week. Im going to try and talk to them tonight, and persuade them otherwise. I hope it is recieved well.

So here in the CCM we practice teaching in spanish with members here in guatemala. The little house we practice in is right next to the temple, so a lot of people stop by here for an hour then go do a session in the temple. But this week some lady came in who was less active. And she brought her friend who was having some health issues. Her friend wasnt a member and me and my companion got to teach her!!! All of the teachers were like: dont screw this up, shes for real. And me and my companion taught the restoration. It was sooo awesome, because i think she understood most of our spanish!! And I think it was one of the first times i felt the spirit while i was teaching.

Something spiritual that i learned this week was in 2 nephi 2:2. Most times when we flip to this chapter we focus on verses 25 and 27 which are great to use when discussion the plan of happiness. But in verse two Lehi is talking to Jacob, and says something along the lines of "the Lord will consecrate thine afflictions for thy gain." After i read this it made me think about D&C i think its 122 when Joseph was in carthage. And he recieved revelation that he was not like Job and that these things, if he handles them well, will be for thy good. I have been reflecting a lot on these two scriptures and finding comfort in them... Becuase i know that every challenge and every trial i will have in my life is an opportunity for me to come closer to my heavenly father.

Funny story of the week.... Soooo the other day we had borritos for lunch. And with the borritos there was like this green jalapeno salsa that you could put on it, and it was more spicy than the stuff that they got at Chitos. So, of course, i drown my borrito in the stuff. I was enjoying it so much... Until i started to sweat profusely (check spelling lol). Like i was sweating almost as much as when i do in deportes. Sooo, yeah pretty gross... But like right after im done with the borrito the head chef guy brings out this sauce in a spoon. (the name of the sauce roughly translates to The Devils Kiss) It kinda looked like mollasses, like the color and texture and what not. But the chef said it was hot sauce, so me and a couple of latinos dip our fingers in the stuff and try it. At first it tasted kinda like cough medicine, but then the temperatrue sky rocketed. I have never tasted anything more hot in my life, I almost barfed... I had to drink a carton of milk and like 4 glasses of water to get most of the taste out. It was brutal. But after I tried the stuff, like all of the elders in my district went and tried it and it was WAY funny to see thier reactions. Something they all had in common, was at first they acted like it was nothing, but then thier faces begun to turn red, and then they started coughing way hard. Then they sprinted for the water hahaha. It was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment