I no longer have a toenail on my right big toe. It was ingrown pretty bad. I have pictures that Im going to send lol. But, The doctor ripped it out on thursday night I believe. and it feels pretty funny not having a toenail there.... It only costs here 25 bucks for them to take out the nail. She put a bunch of anestesia in my toe but I still felt it. But I was a man and didnt cry :)
Left my camera at home by accident, so no pictures this
week.
We moved houses today. Missionaries have lived in our old
house for years and we ran into some people that arent the safest.... So we
moved into a bigger and better house!! Its two stories and its got a HUGE
frontyard. Like we are going to set up a volleyball net or something. Its
gonna be fun!
So a good experience that I had this week. My companion
and I were outside walking. It had just stopped raining. And we found one
of the members of our branch in the street... Drunk. His name is Luiz And
we were like ahhhh man. Cayo un otro vez... We talked to him and I felt like we
should drop what we were doing and take him to one of the members that I had
baptized. The familia Suazo. And we did it, and holy smokes, I had no idea that
they were so ready to help and to support Luis. Turns out that that the Hermano
Suazo's dad had problems with alcohol and all sorts of stuff and he had a lot
of persoal experience to share with him. He shared the story of Jesus and the
adulterous woman and was like "we are no better than you and you no better
than us. Your family needs you and we are here to help." I was like
YES!!!! This was mas o menos a intervention lol (more or less an intervention). But after all was
said and done I gave Luis a blessing and he has been sober since that day.
Like over a week now. He had been drunk for like 6 weeks straight or
something like that.
And what I learned from that experience was that I have to always
be in a state when I can listen to the spirit. And I need to be always
praying that I can understand what Father wants me to do.
Thanks for all your love and support. The Church is true.
I took some money out of my account to fix up the new house,
and to pay for taxis. There are some hills and mountains that are pretty steep
and i cant climb them very well with my bad toe.
Elder Brown

No comments:
Post a Comment