We have changes this Weds. I'm 99 percent sure that I'm going to stay here in Marcala for another 6 weeks. Its pretty rare for a trainor to leave his trainee half way through the program; but we will see.
My toe is all better now. I can walk like normal. The skin grew over where my nail was. But I'm still getting used to not having a nail.
**DISCLAIMER: The following photos contain material that may be offensive to the viewer!!
**DISCLAIMER: The following photos contain material that may be offensive to the viewer!!
I can't remember if I wrote about this, but here it is again...
President Fortuna gave all of the leaders a book called ¨Member Missionary Work¨ for their zones and districts. I finished reading it the other day and its definately something I recommend for those preparing to serve or who are in the MTC. I read the book and after reading it I had to do some repenting. Something that it stresses is that when you are planning you need to be thinking what is the most useful way to use this hour. It says in the book that as a missionary, its almost impossible to waste your motions. People are always around you, you are always talking to people and stuff like that. It breaks down your day and explains it clearly. In the afternoons you should schedule visits with members and run errands and stuff like that for the branch. From 6-9 are the most valubale hours of your mission. You NEED to be with non members for these three hours. You need to be with investigators or tracting. And as for me, I used to try my hardest not to tract at night. Because here in the pueblos everyone comes back from the mountain at night to eat and to sleep and repeat the process tomorrow. But I tried out what the book said and in like 1 hour and a half of tracting we found 12 contacts at night. We were like WOAHH!! All the time I wasted knocking doors in the afternoon, finding houses that we can't enter because there arent any guys older than 18.
Its all the time I have right now.
Here are answers to questions Tiffany asked me:
- How many are in your district? We have 6 in our district. Nosotros, el lider de districto y su companero y un companerismo de hermanas (Us, our district leader and his companion and a pair of sisters)
- Tell us more about your companion. Where is he from? Es de Panama What is his personality like? El es un perfectionista. Me hace reirme mucho haha. Is he a convert? El naci en la iglesia. Su papa era el obispo de su barrio y su tio es el presidente de estaca. Only member in his family? No, todos son miembros. Solo tiene una hermana. (He is from Panama. He's a perfectionist and makes me laugh. He was born in the Church. His father was a bishop and his uncle is the Stake Persident. All of his family are members. He has one sister).
- What’s the best part about being a trainer? Pues, mas que todo yo tengo que saber para mi mismo antes de ensenar a el. (More than anything, I have to know for myself before I teach my trainee).
- What’s the worse/scariest part? Pues... Yo tengo todo el responsibilidad. Si mi companero llegara a ser un planchero, pues no le ensene muy bien. Estoy tratando de ser un buen ejemplo de obediencia y tratando de ensenar la doctrina de todo lo que estoy ensenado. (I have all the responsibility. If my companion is lazy, its because I haven't taught him otherwise. I'm trying to be a good example of obedience and trying to teach correct doctrine to all those that we are teaching).
- How do you wash your clothes or does someone do it for you? Camisas, Pantalones, y calitines tenemos un converso reciente que lava estos para nosotros. Garments nosotros lavamos. Do you have a washer or do you do it by hand? Todo por mano. Do you hang your clothes on a line to dry? Si. Y tenemos la linea adentro de la casa porque llueve como cada dia hahah. (Shirts, pants, and socks are washed by a recent convert. We wash our garments ourselves. All of it is done by hand and then we hang our clothes on a line to drive. The line is inside the house because it rains alot here.)
- Elder Brown



No comments:
Post a Comment