I am writing you guys from TEGUCIGALPAAA!
http://cityseek.org/info/3606925/Las-Casitas-Departmento-de-Francisco-Morazan-Honduras
I got transfered last Wednesday and I'm opening an area in a suburb called Las Casitas. I have a new companion named Elder Escalante and he is pretty cool. He is from Tijuana Mexico and puts hot sauce on everything. Yeah, we are going to be good friends lol. The other day he was telling me that the gringos vienen durante Spring Break y hacen todo tipo de locura hahaha (Americans come during Spring Break and do all sorts of crazy things).
Im in an area that doesnt have a Branch. Right now we are only a "group", and on Sunday we had 20 people show up. The group leader is hilarious. He is the second counselor in the bishopric of the ward that we are apart of. His name is Hermano Arcel and he likes to put in his two cents about everything.
We live in the high end of Teguc. The people here have a lot of money. The houses are big, the cars are nice and everything is new...
I'm not going to lie, I miss pueblo life. Here you can't see the stars at night and there's always the noise of traffic and buses passing by. BUT, I'm about 10 minutes in car away from the temple, and its quite the sight at night time when they light it up.
Being here in the city has its ups and downs, one of them being that I can buy just about anything that you buy in the States: microwave pizza, and all sorts of stuff.
Love and miss you guys,
Elder Brown

No comments:
Post a Comment