Tuesday, November 26, 2013

2nd Week in Casitas

HEY! Sorry that I didn’t write yesterday. Every missionary in our mission was under orders to stay in the house for these last 3 days. Honduras had elections so we couldn’t leave. Everybody thought there would be a huge upset, but everything happened without any trouble. I am ok and enjoying my p-day.

OK, a little more about my companion. He is 20 years old and from Tijuana Mexico. He is super funny and we have become very good friends. He likes to joke around.  His favorite scripture is 1 Nephi 3:7. He has a bunch of facial hair and a great mustache. It doesn’t matter if he shaves or not you can still see it. He is a convert and has been a member for like 15 years. His dad didn’t get baptized and his mom reactivated when he made the resolve to go to church.



Nick's new companion from Tijuana, Mexico
 

I LOVE MEXICANS!

My comp and I made tortillas by hand, mexican tacos, burritos, y pupasas, guacamole y salsa

This week we knocked doors and doors and doors. This area is way different than Marcala.  I’d say 1 out of 4 doors that we knock, we entered and taught a lesson. In Marcala knocking doors was the most ineffective way to find people, but here it’s the opposite.
Opening this area, we have been studying how to find new people. Brainstorming ideas and all sorts of stuff. I’ve been studying a lot with my companion the part of Preach my Gospel about how to begin teaching and we have been practicing it a lot; so that when we knock the door and start a lesson they recognize us as representatives of Jesus Christ.

The other day we knocked a door and when we entered, we began teaching perfectly. We entered, and he understood our purpose, and we addressed his needs. We sang a hymn and shared a scripture that was right in line with his questions and concerns. He both participated and let us teach the lesson. (Hondurans love to talk about Jesus, and many times they don’t give us much time to share anything). We didn’t have much time to share lesson 1, but we addressed his questions that day. It was excellent.
I’ve been studying a lot in Alma and about Captain Moroni. I’ve been reflecting a lot about the example we give others.
Dad, I will send the tape.
Love and Miss you guys tons.




No comments:

Post a Comment