Monday, September 22, 2014

Hello!

Hi Everyone,

This week has just flown by.  I feet like I was writing you guys yesterday.

I have been thinking a lot about my branch here in La Esperanza, and I'm proud of them. The branch is starting to catch fire and I love it!

We just did work last week. We went as a district and visited one less active family each day.  We did  a family home evening with them and it payed off. 6 of the 7 families we visited showed up to church. We had 96 attend yesterday which is a big deal for the branch. We have only had more than 100 once, but I'm convinced that within a few weeks we should get 100.

I have been thinking a little bit about the kind of person I want to be after the mission. There are like 10 return missionaries who got off of thier missions less than a year ago.... and 8 of them are inactive.  The first thing that I want to do when I get home is this:

In my welcome home talk, I'm going to address the congregation. I am going to first introudce myself and then I am going to do ask the following:  Will those of you here in the congregation who brought a friend who is not a member of the church, please stand up? I'm sure nobodys going to stand up.

Then right after that I'm going to look the bishop right in the eyes and I'm going to tell him that his ward is asleep and that we need to wake it up.

Then after that I plan talking about priorities and reminding everyone about the covenants we have made with God.

I think that in the wards that I was in before the mission worried a lot about becoming eagle scouts and the primary program than they did about missionary work. If I ever become a bishop, I'm going to make sure that my ward doesn't fall into that same pattern. I dont remember ever seing a convert baptism in my former wards.

There's a lot of work to do and little time to do it. Missionary work is by far way more important than anything else. We are here to save lives, to be examples, and invite others to come unto Christ. I would rather teach my kids how to share the Gospel than how to tie knots.

It's my invitation this week that each of us start to use Preach My Gospel in our family home evenings and that we can make a plan on how we are going to bring our friends to church.

Brown family, I challenge you guys to bring someone who isn't a member to church this next Sunday. Write me about your experiences next week.
 
Love you guys,
 
Elder Brown
My District
Elder lguin de Mexico
Elder Rocha de Bolivia
Hermana Risueno de California
Hermana Borja de Ecuador
Elder Escalante de Tijuana, Mexico


Rats are just so gross!  They just go in my house, poop, and leave.

Yep, we killed a rat with a broom stick!

Nick with the Branch President

The best fried chicken in all of Honduras.  Don Pollo!

Awesome lizard outside our house.

My companion and I went on television last night to announce the English clases that we are starting up.
 It was way cool!

At the local television station.

Being the cameraman.

Me and my new best friend.  He reminds me of Buddy!

Intibuca and La Esperanza are two pueblos that grew together.
I saw this sticker the other day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment