Monday, September 15, 2014

Hola!

So I'm going to write a bunch today:

I'm in the zone that baptizes the least amount of people in the mission, and I'm trying like crazy to change things around. I'm fasting and praying sooo much. The missionaries here just are comfortable in the way they work. For them it's alright to end each week not having found 3 new families to teach.  It's OK for them to have thier baptismal dates fail.  They're just kind of comfortable not working as they should. They don't stress out and I dont feel like they strive to meet thier goals. There are many things my companion and I need to change.

I'm here in La Esperanza, Intibuca. This place is massive. I've been here 2 weeks here and I still don't know my way around. I use a big hill called the Wawa next to our house to navigate. It rains hard every day; once in the afternoon and once at night. Fruit here is super cheap. For 5 cents (1 lempira),you can buy 1 orange or 3 bananas. This place is great!

The branch here is alright. It hasn't grown very much in these last two years. It has maintained 70 or 80 attendance each Sunday. We are working hard and working with the Branch President to try and get more people to church. If we can maintain 120 attendance they will start to build a chapel here. So thats our goal ... to end the year with at least 100 attendance.

I went to Marcala on interchanges last week and it was such a tender experience. Almost everyone that I baptized is still active and many of them have gone to the temple to be sealed. It was so cool. Everyone told me that I have lost some serious weight.  Hahaha!

But I had to get on the Branch President there. He has had one year to work since I have left Marcala and hasn't accomplished anything. The same problems that were there are still there. I'm convinced that if a tree doesn't give good fruit, it needs to be cut down and thrown into the fire. If someone doesn't do what needs to be done, you've got to find someone who will. There is soooo much to be done and very little time to do it. You can't waist time; you just can't.

My Zone is 3 pueblos called Jesus de Otoro, La Esperanza, y Marcala. All 3 branches in the 3 pueblos are below the direction of the mission. There are no wards and there is no stake. Its my missionaries and the mission president who run things. There is no other zone like this one and I'm convinced that the Lord is going to help me change the zone and do something that it has never done before.

But yeah. I'm enjoying the mission and am having a blast. The stress is helping me grow and helping me to work like I have never worked before. I know that if I trust in the Lord, I can overcome any problem that I have in my life. I just need to be obedient and have faith.

My house was super nasty. There were rats living there when I got there. I have cleaned the place little by little since I have got here... I cant tell you the amount of rat poop I have had to sweep out of the house! UGHH its soo gross!! But my house is a lot cleaner now than it was. It rains soo much and all the bugs and things look for dry ground and go inside of my house. I want to get the place fumigated this week so that they don't go in.

I love you guys and I hope you have a great week!

Elder Brown

Here I am playing the bass in Marcala in a restaurant called Rockstar Grill.

Yep, I ate what's called the Chipotle Chuck Norris.
It's the only hamburger I have eaten in Honduras that's worth the money.

The Chipotle Chuck Norris is a cheese burger with two patties, a fried egg, sausage, and a bunch of other stuff on top.
 IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!
It made me thing of 5 Guys ... haha!!

Me and my companion, Elder Escalante from Tijuana, Mexico.
This is our second time being companions!!
We were together in Las Casitas.


My Zone!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment