Monday, October 20, 2014

Hola Todos!

Yeah, the earthquake hit us here in Honduras. IT WAS INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


We live in a two- story house and I was on the second floor when it hit. My companion started yelling my name ELDER BROWNNN. and I was like what and then his tells me EARTHQUAKE! We were freaking out.  I have never seen anything or felt anything like that. The quake was about 40 seconds long. I about pooped my pants. The Lord has complete control of this world; He created it and He can destroy it in just a matter of seconds. I was really humbled after that. Here in La Esperanza nothing happened. A few houses collapsed but nothing big. I'm good.

I have been learning a lot these last couple of weeks. I am in the Zone that has the least amount of success in the mission. My Mission President told me that if I can't turn things around in these next 6 weeks he is going to shut my zone down and combine it with another one. I'm praying like crazy and trying to do everything I can to get my missionaries baptizing. Everyone says that its nothing easy to baptize here, but I have 2 families with baptismal dates. Its just so much easier to live life when you don't pay attention to gossips. They ruin EVERYTHING. 

It seems like the Lord likes to put me in these kinds of situations. Its happened several times during my mission.  Its like I come in 4th quarter with 3 minutes left in the game to make the difference. Sometimes it stresses me out but I know I can do anything if I trust in the lord. I'm grateful that the Lord trusts in me and gives me these challenges to grow.  We have the potential. We are working hard and doing interchanges frequently to get the missionaries working with their heads put on straight.

I had changes last weds. My companion Elder Escalante left and I received an Ecuadoriano named Elder Suarez. He is pretty dang chubby and a big goof ball. I'm working with him so that he can become a better zone leader. Its his first change as ZL.

I don't get much time to write, but let everyone know that I'm doing good and I love them.

Elder Brown

7.4 Off-shore earthquake hits Central America on 10/13/2014
 

No comments:

Post a Comment