I'm doing great! I'm still in the same area, La Esperanza. I'm going to pass Christmas and New Years here in the COLDEST PLACE in Honduras. So yeah, its going to be chill. Ha-ha.
I am well, happy, and healthly. I have been coming over a cold this past week. I got sick and I got a pretty nasty cough, but I'm a lot better now. Its just that it gets so so so cold here, sometimes its hard to keep warm.
My companion and I are super pumped because we brought 8 investigators to church this past week. They are a family that lives a 45 minute walk from the church. They are the family Sarabia. They lived in another part of Honduras but they had problems with the maderos (gangsters) and they burned their house, so they came out here to La Esperanza. They aren't married, so I'm about to go back on an oatmeal diet. Ha-ha. They are making their house out of adobe and we are going to help them out this week. Making adobe is cool. Its like playing in the mud all day. The family Sarabia accepted a baptismal date and are very, very positive.
I ate all of the food that was sent in that package. Me and my companion made sandwhiches with the nutella and the peanut butter. IT WAS SOOOOO GOOD! I gave away a bunch of the candy to investigators and members and missionaries in my zone.
I need you guys to send me you skype information this next Monday or I wont be able to skype you guys. please send your phone numbers as well, just as a plan B. I can make two skype calls. I only have 40 minutes to call home so yeah, 20 minutes Tiff and Dad, and 20 minutes Steph and Tim and Papa and everyone else.
So I used the money that was sent to me to help out the family that I baptized. The family Mendoza isn't very well off financially speaking. I was going to buy gifts and stuff like that but, their four year old girl got super sick, so I bought the medicine for her. I went to the hospital while the little girl was with her sister who is 13 years old and I got the prescription for the medicine. I went to the pharmacy and bought it all and gave it to her sister. I told the sister to tell her parents that someone in the hospital gave it to her and that it wasn't me. Hospitals in Honduras are like where they make murder and zombie movies. They are sooooo scary. They freak me out! Here in La Esperanza you have to buy everything that the doctors use. Like if you need an operation you need to bring gloves and cotton swabs and alcohol and whatever else they need for the operation. So if you don't have money for treatments, the doctors won't do anything. Crazy right? I went back the same day I brought them stomach soup (mondongo). I love mondongo. ITS SOOO GOOD! Mondongo is better than Tiffany's chili that she always used to make.
The four year old was hospitalized this past week because she had pneumonia. She was really, really bad. She hadn't slept in 4 days and everything she ate she vomited. But, good news is that she is better now. Doctors say that she can leave the hospital tomorrow :)
Don't forget to get me your skype info!
I love you guys!
Elder Brown

No comments:
Post a Comment