We had a great week last week. We made a lot of plans to try and help the missionaries get more investigators.
In my zone there are the richest neighborhoods in all of Honduras. Like houses 3 times bigger than Steph's. Te elders and sisters asigned there have had some trouble finding new people to teach. So we had this idea to go and was cars for free next to the temple and it worked out great.
While we washed the cars, they walked the temple gardens and entered the chapel. It was awesome. We found a lot of people who thought that they had to pay money to go in and stuff like that. We explained them that visitors are welcome and we invited them to learn more.
We found a lot of really positive people for the elders and sister to teach over there in Roble Oeste. It was a really effective service activity.
I have started to read the book of mormon from the beginning again. It has been a pretty awesome experience. It has taken me three weeks to make it through 1 Nephi 1 because I'm trying to study and analize all of it. I have learned so much. That book is so powerful.
This past week me and my comp had to talk to an Elder who fell in love with this girl. He wrote her love letters and everything.......I'm not going to lie, I like straigthing Elders out. I kinda like scaring them a little bit and then letting them feel loved and comforted. We talked to him directly and got him focused again. We made him read his love letters that he wrote out loud and then we invited him to read a talk called the fourth missionary and that chapter in Genesis about Potafor's wife. He is a changed man, working a lot harder than he was. We talked alot about the Atonement and the purpose we have as missionaries. The Spirit was strong.
Love you all,
Elder Brown
No comments:
Post a Comment