Monday, March 2, 2015

If You Don't Live to Serve, You Don't Deserve To Live!

Hey Everybody!

This past week flew by soooo fast, it was ridiculous. We had a Leadership Council with the District Leaders, Zone Conference with the Mission President, and a Zone meeting. It was AWESOME!

I am learning so much. You would think that now that I'm coming in on my last weeks in my mission that I would have things figured out, but I am still repenting and trying to be better.

I focused my lesson in the Zone meeting about a phrase that the Branch President always used to say in La Esperanza. *If you don't live to serve, you don't deserve to live*.   We applied the phrase to missionary work. We had a good conversation.

I talked about consecration, about forgetting yourself and getting to work. I got a lot of new missionaries in my zone and I wanted to get them focused. The mission is two years and that's it. Two years go by quick, and these two years aren't ours. We aren't here to be tourists, we are here to change lives and invite others to come unto Christ. We talked about leaving all personal wants and desires on the altar of sacrifice and doing His will not ours.

One mistake that I think I have made a lot in my life is doing what I want to do and not asking God what I should do... And because of my negligence I have had to repent A LOT.

I have learned that living life with faith and prayer.  Looking to do His will, is lots easier than living life alone. We can talk to Him through prayer and receive the answers in the scriptures and during church on Sunday.

Time is going by so fast, I'm trying not to lose one minute of it.

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only true church on the face of the earth. I know that if someone isn't baptized by priesthood authority, they won't be able to live with God again. I know that families can be together forever. I know that through small acts of obedience, we receive MANY blessings. I know that God sees everything we do, and that He listens to every prayer. I know that its never too late to start repenting.

Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment