Monday, December 16, 2013

Hola!

So I got transferred this week.

I’m in a new area. It is a little town called Santa Ana and another called El Sauce and when I say little; there are people riding on their horses.  There are parts of this town that don't have any electricity.   We teach lessons at night by a fire that they start and put in the middle of their house. I had to take a bus for one hour to the nearest internet to write you guys.  

 
My new companion is from Antofagasta, Chile. He has been a member of the church for 2 years. He is cool. He is a little bit shy and has been in the mission for less than 3 months.
 
My new companion
We live in a room on top of a bar. Ha-ha. The first night the noise and music bothered me, but I don’t even notice it now.

I have been called to serve as District Leader. My District consists of me and my companion, and another companionship. I feel like we are pretty isolated; there isn’t much out here. My District is called Ojojona.

The Stake organized the branch here last week. The Branch President is a 20-year old return missionary. He got home two weeks ago and then received this new calling. There were 77 people at church last Sunday.

So just a little experience I had this week that helped build my testimony... My companion and I were out in Sauce, which is 15 minutes in car from Santa Ana. We were sitting there waiting for a bus or a taxi, but nothing was passing by. So I looked at my companion and was suggested we start walking. So we started walking, and walking, and walking. And there was nothing in the Main Street ... Every once in a while a few cars passed by going in the opposite direction. We were going to be late to an activity that we were responsible for.  So, I said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to send something our way to help us arrive on time.

We continued walking and walking and we watched the cars pass by.  A couple minutes later some guy in his car turned around. He said that he saw us and felt like he should give us a ride. It was an answer to my prayer.

I know that God answers prayers, and that He knows each and everyone of His children. He knows our names and our problems and is always ready to help us in our times of need.

Love you guys and hope you have a good week.

Elder Brown

A family we were teaching in Las Casitas

The English class we taught in Las Casitas

A family in Las Casitas who had a painting of a donkey on the wall
Here I am digging a septic tank with a pic axe, a shovel, and a sledge hammer!

No comments:

Post a Comment