Monday, June 30, 2014

Hi!

Hi Everyone,

I know I have been kinda bad about writing. I've got 50 minutes to write the President of the mission, President of the Stake, send the office an email with the stuff my zone needs, put my data into the computer, and read each of the emails you guys send me.

I just want you all to know that I am doing great and working like a dog.

Being a Zone Leader really has helped me to learn how to deal with stress. Here in the mission you really can't relieve your stress. You can't call up your friends and go and hang out.  You can't listen to Rush.  You can't to a lot of things that used to help you keep on keeping on.

You are forced to change yourself, or change the situation.

Change have never been easy for me to make, but I am learning to make them.
 
 
Love you guys!

Elder Brown
 
Here I am with my companion in front of the temple.
We had Stake Conference and the Stake Center is the chapel in front of the temple.
The Stake President invited us to talk about missionary work and try to pump up the Stake.
It was pretty cool.

We did a big huge baptism in the temple.
We rented a bus and it passed by all of the little pueblos picking up everyone.
We baptized 15 people and 3 families last Saturday.
 I'm not in the picture because I was doing a baptismal interview,
 but here is my Zone and a couple of our investigators who got baptized.
Rony, who was inactive, cleaned up his act and got worthy and baptized his kids.
In Stake Conference he recieved the Melchizedic Priesthood. It was awesome!

So this guy is named Rudy Avila.
His wife was pregnant and had her baby a week ago.
He wanted us to name the kid, so we made a list of some names and they picked one.
The baby is named Rudy James Avila.

The temple in Tegucigalpa
 
There is a member here in my ward who was in the Honduran Special Forces and he gave me this shirt.
I'm currently bargaining with a different guy who was in the Honduran Army.
He's got a super cool knife that I want to take home.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment